Locked in Solidarity 2019

• Monday, January 28, 2019 10:11 AM
    Reply # 7133181 on 6982166
    Anonymous

The film, WALKING WHILE BLACK: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer, is a great tool to use during Locked In Solidarity week to improve police-community relations. The film has been used by churches, schools and other groups in more than 20 states to get their local law enforcement groups engaged in transformative events and healing discussions. 

You might think that police would be hesitant to watch a film that tells the truth about racial profiling and systemic racism -- and you'd be right. They are hesitant! But this is where faith AND works come into play. Have faith that they'll receive the message and then put the work in to set up a screening event and get some peace officers there. Once you do that, the hard part is over. God has been working transformative miracles in hearts and minds of peace officers who see this film. Here are a few quotes we've received from members of law enforcement about the film: 

• “Unbelievably impressive. I wish every officer in the country could see it.” — Dave Thomas, Program Manager, International Association of Chiefs of Police and Retired Police Officer
    • “Outstanding” and "Very well done!” — Terry Cunningham, IACP Deputy Director (& former President)
    • "I was really moved by it and was really impressed. It’s great for police departments, it’s great for the public. Everybody needs to watch it.” — Maj. Luther Johnson, Howard County Police Department 
    • "Wow! I love that you used the perspective of individuals from law enforcement, community, clergy, and government to bring the unified message of L.O.V.E. I teach a 4-hour block on cultural competency to police officers and your film drives home the points I try to make and a whole lot more. EVERYONE needs to watch this film. I know many officers will be convicted in their hearts when they watch it in its entirety. — Harold J. Love, M.A., LPC, NCC, Harold J. Love & Associates, Behavioral Health Services for Public Safety Professionals (Retired Captain, Michigan State Police)

As the Director of the film, I'm here to answer any questions you might have about the film and how best to hold a screening and discussion event. I can be reached by phone at 323-577-5976 or by email at ajaliwins@gmail.com. 

• Thursday, January 03, 2019 2:15 PM
    Message # 6982166
    Christina (Administrator)

A place to converse, share ideas and encourage each other for Locked in Solidarity 2019!

ccda.org/LIS2019

Search templates (CTRL+Space)